Corporate Social Responsibility
JEV had initiated and undertook several CSR related activities since 2009 together with local Jawatankuasa Kemajuan dan Keselamatan Kampung (“JKKK”), schools and associations. The activities conducted are as below;
a. Persatuan Nelayan Kawasan Port Dickson (“PNKPD”) had been awarded contracts at JEV PP:
- Housekeeping and cleaning contract;
- Canteen operations; and
- Ash Pond cleaning.
b. Persatuan Ibu Tunggal Kampung Chuah:
- Regular supply of food and catering for visitors and training at JEV PP; and
- contribution to the persatuan activities
c. Jawatankuasa Kemajuan dan Keselamatan Kampung (“JKKK”) Kampung Chuah, Kampung Sawah, Kampung Pachitan and Kampung India:
- Regular informal meeting with Ketua Kampung to brief on JEV PP operations and to gather information and feedback on any local issues;
- Contribution to local mosques during Ramadhan;
- Contribution to local orphans and single mothers for Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebration; and
- Contribution to Hari Raya Qurban activities.
d. Other activities
- Contributions to BOMBA Port Dickson and Sepang on their organized activities in 2012;
- Collaboration with Majlis Perbandaran Port Dickson and Pejabat Daerah Port Dickson to organize “Sukan Rakyat” since 2011, in conjunction with the birthday celebration of “Yang Di Pertuan Besar Negeri Sembilan”
- Contribution to the school within Port Dickson which organized motivation camp, excellence student awards, sports day, contribution to the unfortunate student on early semester to start schooling,
- Local schools contributions to their PIBG for the school activities.